INQUIRIES: The following items are open issues from people seeking help. Send in any issues or
items you'd like investigated.
- In Faith County, South Dakota, Oscar Sederstrom married Hilda Ahlinder in 1895.
They had one daugher named Edith Mantooth (b. between 1895 and 1908?). I'm not sure where she got the
name Mantooth and would desperately like to find out the link between the name and residents in
South Dakota. [Kevin Mantooth]
- Looking for family of birth-parents who lived in Spokane, Washington around 1949 (they were both born around 1930). Any information which may help figure out names and locations would be a huge help:
- Looking for the location of the following Monteith source: (1) Brown, Henrietta Stewart.
The Monteith House. N.p.: n.p., n.d.
- Looking for any other individuals who applied for the Indian lands in 1906. It doesn't matter
if the application was accepted or rejected. [Brenda Schwall]
- Looking for information on Woodson "Woods" Mantooth b:1845/50, married Lucinda Cansada Lacy in
1873 in Bradley Cnty., TN, Moved to TX in 1884, had son JohnThomas Mantooth 19 Oct 1876 in the
Donna Community near Westminster, had twin sons that died very young, had dau:
Martha Hattie "Hat" Mantooth 13 Mar 1882. Luncinda died in 1883. Woodson mar: Belle Watkins sister
of John Watkins. Woodson died in 1922, Collin Cnty., TX, buried at Altoga Cem. TX. Belle died in 1936.
- Looking for a link to a George W. Mantooth who enlisted from Ellis County, Texas, into one of
the Navarro County, Texas, Confederate Units. He was a member of Halbert's Company, Company E, 15th
Texas Infantry Regiment. [George Mantooth]
- Looking for info on Emiline or Ben Johnson. GGGGrandmother was Elizabeth Mantooth husband of
Aaron Bryant living in Collin Co. TX. My gggrandmother was Emiline, dau of Elizabeth Mantooth.
Emiline's father was William Vinson, jr. Emiline's parents were never married. Emiline marr.
Jim Stuart, had 3 Children, He died, then she married Ben Johnson, and had a son, William L. Johnson
which was my ggrandfather. Does anyone know anything about Emiline or Ben Johnson? Not sure when she
died or where he disappeared to. [Carolyn Sampson]
Additions or Comments? Send a note to